ACE Your PMBOK PMP Exam AT FIRST TRY!
Brought to You by Dave Litten
1. What are the dimensions measured on a stakeholder grid?
A. Access and availability
B. Expertise and influence
C. Interest and power
D. Motive and opportunity
2. Which of the following is not a tool used to manage the stakeholder engagement?
A. Communication methods
B. Interpersonal skills
C. Management skills
D. Issue log
3. The primary purpose of the stakeholder register is:
A. To keep a list of all project stakeholders
B. To record stakeholder issues on the project
To map functional requirements but to the originate in stakeholder
D. To serve as a project directory
4. The most important element in project success is:
A. Stakeholder satisfaction
B. How the product meets the requirements
Overall product quality
Overall project quality
5. Which of the following does not identify someone as a stakeholder during stakeholder analysis?
A. Someone who proposes a solution
B. Someone who creates a need
Someone who is affected by the need
D. Someone who would be affected by the solution
6. Identified stakeholder needs should all be:
A. Addressed by the project product
C. Ranked from greatest to least
D. Documented in the stakeholder management plan
7. Which of the following is not a classification of stakeholder engagement?
8. Dave is working on a matrix where he is measuring the stakeholder engagement on the project. What dimension would he likely to be assessing and plotting?
Power and interest to influence the project
B. Ability and urgency to influence the project
Current and desired levels of interest
Expertise and availability to engage with the project
9. Which of the following statements is false regarding stakeholders?
A. Stakeholders may have a positive or negative interest in the success of the project
B. All stakeholders should be identified before the project execution begins
C. Stakeholders may not be affected by the outcome but may perceive that they could be affected by the outcome
D. Stakeholders may be people, or organizations
10. Which of the following is true concerning work performance data and work performance information?
Work performance data is used at the organizational level, while work performance information is used at the project-level
B. Work performance information is more useful than work performance data
C. Work performance data is collected from monitoring and controlling processes
Work performance information represents raw observations and measurements
1. C. When plotting stakeholder interest on a matrix, interest and influence, and sometimes involvement, are measured
2. D. This may have looked hard, but it was not so difficult to reason out. The issue log is the primary output of manage stakeholder engagement, so it could not also be a tool. A, B, and C are all tools used in that process
3. A. The stakeholder register is a list of the stakeholders with their assessment and classification as it relates to the project
4. A. This one should have been easy given the topic of the quiz, but you may well see questions like this on the PMP Exam. While all of the elements are important, stakeholder satisfaction is the most important
5. B. The term stakeholder is very broad and generally includes quite a few groups. However, someone who creates a need is ambiguous enough to not fit well within this list. There will always be people who create needs or problems on your project, and that does not automatically qualify them as a stakeholder.
6. C. Stakeholder needs are to be ranked from greatest to least. This is key for determining project priorities. “A” would be wonderful, but it is not realistic to think that every need a stakeholder raises will be addressed by the project. ”B” is not a bad answer, but by the time they are identified, they are essentially qualified as stakeholders. ”D” may sound like a good answer, but the stakeholder management plan is created before the stakeholders have been identified.
7. D. The five states of stakeholder engagement are Unaware, Resistant, Neutral, Supportive, and Leading. “Participating” might seem to make sense, but it is not a classification since the project manager does not typically need to measure the engagement of team members participating on the project.
8. C. The stakeholder engagement matrix plots the current and desired levels of engagement by stakeholders.
9. B. If you missed this one, don’t feel bad. It is best to identify stakeholders early, but the key to getting it right is the word “all”. Many of them may not emerge until late in the project.
10. B. WPI and WPD show up in Control Stakeholder Engagement. Remember that work performance data is raw, while work performance information has been analyzed and made more useful. “A” has no grounding in reality at all, and “C” and “D” are opposite of the truth
Invest in my current PMP Masterclass now, and get a FREE upgrade to my forthcoming 2018 PMBOK PMP Masterclass Primer!
Copyright 2018, The Projex Academy